Which Student Do You Want to Teach?
The red color represents how the brain has been “turned on” after 20 minutes
of moderate physical activity.
Are You Ready to Give A Brain Break Now?
Below are links to several brain break videos. Brain Breaks are designed to be short in duration, which allows students a chance to move and refocus their attention.
The following videos can be watched in AISD only:
- Baseball Brain Break 1.mp4
- Brain Break Combo 10.mp4
- Brain Break Combo 24.mp4
- Brain Break Combo 40.mp4
- Football Brain Break 1.mp4
- OrganWise Guys Exercise Brain Break 1.mp4
- OrganWise Guys Exercise Brain Break 2.mp4
- OrganWise Guys Exercise Brain Break 3.mp4
- OrganWise Guys Hygiene Brain Break.mp4
- OrganWise Guys Motivation Brain Break.mp4
- Sergio Balance Brain Break 1.mp4
- Sergio Balance Brain Break 2.mp4
- Sergio Brain Break 1.mp4
- Sergio Brain Break 2.mp4
- Sergio Brain Break 3.mp4
- Sergio Lunge Brain Break 1.mp4
- Sergio Speed Brain Break 1.mp4
- Sport Combo Brain Break 1.mp4
AISD Brain Break Activities
- (K-5) physical/academic activities that incorporate core subject areas
- Developed by AISD Physical Educators
- (K-5) physical activities are integrated with academic concepts
- Over 20 activities each for K-2 and for 3-5.
- Developed through East Carolina University with the support of NC Healthy Schools, Be Active North Carolina, Inc., and the NC Department of Public Instruction
- (K-3) curriculum designed by the New York City Department of Education (DOE) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Includes 32 fitness breaks, nutrition concepts, visual aid cards, and more.
- These fitness breaks integrate grade-level academic concepts and physical activity in a 10-minute educational lesson.
- (K-5) physical activities that are broken down into core content area
- Developed by undergraduate teacher education students from Albion College, Concordia University, and the University of Michigan
- Join more than 9,000 teachers already participating in the single most popular physical activity program available to schools.
- Age appropriate co-curricular program streamed directly into general education classrooms.
- Weekly adventures assist schools in fighting obesity by increasing physical activity from the safety and comfort of the classroom.
- Each episode provides 30 minutes of MVPA, moderate to vigorous weekly physical activity.
- Adventures and corresponding Teacher Guides align to National Standards in Health, Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Science and Math.
- Teachers must create an account to receive these activities.
Middle School Focus (6-8)
- Recent studies in Texas have found a correlation between physically fit students and academic achievement
- Results from FITNESSGRAM tests and PASS & CATCH have shown that students who are physically fit are more likely to do well on standardized tests
- FITNESSGRAM results also found an association between physical activity and good school attendance as well as fewer disciplinary referrals
- Activities integrate math, science, social studies and language arts concepts
Middle/High School Focus (6-12)
- Quick 1-2 minute activities
- No preparation and no extra materials needed
- Challenge the students’ brain by crossing the mid-line of their body, which helps both sides of their brain to engage
- Blog started in 2008 and contains over 40 videos of students performing Energizing Brain Breaks
- Sign up to have additional Brain Breaks delivered to your email
- ABC/123 Energizing Brain Break
- Energizing Brain Break Crab
- Gotcha Energizing Brain Break and the DVD is Comin...
- ITSY BITSY SPIDER Energizing Brain Break for Stude...
- Blink Brain Break
- The Waiter Brain Break
- Guns and Roses Brain Break
- Elbow to Knee Taps Brain Break
- Finger Tips Brain Break
- Hand Shake #2 Energizing Brain Break
- Pretzel Stretch with your Fists
- Palm Tapping Energizing Brain Break
- Hand Shake # 1 that is a BRAIN BREAK
- I Bet You Can't Do This!
- Let it RAIN Brain Break
- Arm Wrap Brain Break
- Slap Count + Say 21 and Win Brain Break
- Inch Worm Brain Break
- "Twisted" Brain Break
- "FIVE" Brain Break
- T Stretch Brain Breaks
- Arm Stretch Energizing Brain Break
- Figure Eight Brain Break
- Thumb and Pinkie Brain Break
- Infinity Sign (Choir Director) Brain Break
- Different Arm Directions Brain Break