FITNESSGRAM 10 Training (2014-2015)
- FG 10 Training Part 2:Human Kinetics Website (FG Online Course and Additional Resources)
- Key Code Instructions
- Certificate Printing Instructions
FITNESSGRAM 10 Data Input
You will be able to access the FG 10 program anywhere you have an Internet connection to enter your students’ data.
- Fitnessgram Testing Event Titles and Deadlines
- How to Create a Fitnessgram Test Event
- How to Enter Student Fitnessgram Scores
FITNESSGRAM Data Entry
FITNESSGRAM Additional Resources
- The Cooper Institute FITNESSGRAM website. http://www.cooperinstitute.org/youth/fitnessgram/fitnessgram10
- The Cooper Institute FITNESSGRAM downloadable documents and resources http://www.cooperinstitute.org/fitnessgram-documents
- The Cooper Institute FITNESSGRAM Teacher and Student app links:
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program: http://www.pyfp.org
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program Parent Guide:http://www.pyfp.org/doc/parent-guide.pdf
- HK Technical Support: If you should need software specific assistance please contact HK tech support with questions.
800-747-4457, option 2
The FITNESSGRAM physical fitness assessment will be administered to all AISD students in grades 3-12 each school year. FITNESSGRAM assesses a student’s health-related fitness such as aerobic capacity, muscular strength and endurance and flexibility. Body composition will be measured to determine if a student’s body weight is healthy relative to their height. Some students may be excluded or be provided accommodations or modifications for one or all the assessments based personal needs and documentation that must be provided by a licensed physician.
- Exemptions for Students with Disabilities
- Restricted Physical Activity Student Report Form
- FITNESSGRAM Modification Information Sheet (Updated)
Parents will be notified when the FITNESSGRAM assessments will be administered. Students will be assessed at the beginning and end of the year/semester. Parents may request to receive their child’s FITNESSGRAM results from the campus Physical Educator. All results must be reported to the Texas Education Agency.
- Beginning of the Year Fitnessgram Letters
- FITNESSGRAM Assessments with Pictures
Student Attire for Assessments
Students should wear proper attire such as athletic shorts, a t-shirt, socks and running shoes during the assessments. Wearing appropriate attire will allow for students to move freely and safely.
All students will be taught and have many opportunities to practice the following FITNESSGRAM assessments:
- Aerobic Capacity/PACER is a 20 meter shuttle run. Healthy Fitness Zone (HFZ) will be determined based on the student’s BMI plus the number of completed PACER laps. (VO2 Max is the maximum volume of oxygen one can consume per minute of work)
- What is Aerobic Capacity? video
- Push-ups (measures upper body muscular strength/endurance)
- Curl-ups (measures abdominal muscular strength/endurance)
- Back Saver Sit and Reach (measures flexibility)
- Trunk Lift (measures trunk extensor strength and flexibility)
- What is Muscular Strength, Endurance and Flexibility? video
- Body Mass Index (measures body composition, which is the appropriateness of weight relative to height)
- What is Body Composition? video
AISD uses the body composition criteria set by the Center of Disease Control (CDC). This is the same criteria used by most physicians. The following percentiles will be used to identify your child’s Body Mass Index (BMI) on their report:
- Underweight is less than the 5th percentile,
- Healthy weight is 5th percentile to less than the 85th percentile,
- Overweight is 85th percentile to less than the 95th percentile,
- Obese is equal to or greater than the 95th percentile.