Students in the Austin Independent School District Mathematics program will acquire the mathematics knowledge and skills necessary to be productive, successful, and fulfilled citizens.
- Our curriculum supports learning through exploration and solving real-world problems across all grade levels and allows students to construct meaning and make sense of learning mathematics.
- Our students are challenged to explain their solutions and make connections that allow them to own and value learning mathematics.
- Our classrooms are safe and engage students in learning mathematics through discussion and sharing ideas.
- As teachers, we engage students using resources, tools, and technology to solve mathematically rich, real-world problems that meet the needs of a diverse population of learners.
Mathematics in Austin ISD:
- PK: Pre-Kindergarten Mathematics
- Grades K - 5: Elementary Mathematics
- Grades 6-8: Middle School Mathematics (including Algebra I)
- Grades 9-12: High School Mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Math Models* and Applications, Algebra II, Precalculus, AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC). Some campuses offer other mathematics courses.
*Math Models and Applications must be taken prior to Algebra II.
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and a 4th mathematics course must be taken for graduation on the recommended plan. See the Secondary School Information Guide for more information: http://www.austinisd.org/academics/curriculum/school_guide/index.phtml